Whitmore Property has extensive experience in identifying and acquiring real estate investments which provide strong and secure returns to Investors. We currently manage investments in a diverse range of property sectors including:
- Medical and
We are continually seeking and identifying new opportunities for Investors.
Each investment is typically structured as a single asset managed investment scheme which is available for investment by wholesale Investors with a fixed term of up to 10 years.
Following acquisition, our team actively manage the property, its finances and associated compliance requirements. Distributions are paid monthly to Investors and our investor liaison team are available to support each Investor and their individual needs.
Where the trust is established, asset/s selected and purchased and investors commit.
- Whitmore Property establish a new Fund structured as a Unit Trust. Let’s call it The AAA Investment Trust.
- The AAA Investment Trust purchases one or more commercial properties.
- Debt is sought at a prudent level, generally 50% of the capital value, from a major bank on a non-recourse basis (i.e. no personal guarantees). The rest of the acquisition is funded by Investors.
- Our clients invest by purchasing Units in the AAA Investment Trust (one unit for every dollar invested). Investors own their share of the asset, entitling them to their share of income and capital value growth.
Hold & grow
Fund is managed, distributions paid and occasional decisions may be made.
- Capital growth is maximised over investment term.
- Day to day operations are managed by Whitmore Property as the Investment Manager according to a Management Agreement.
- Important decisions are put to a vote of the investor group with voting entitlements proportionate to the investment amount.
- Investors receive monthly distributions.
Meeting called with investors and decision is made to sell or hold. Sale may be conducted and proceeds disbursed.
- The sale of the property will generally be considered after a hold period of seven to ten years and will be subject to a vote.
- A sale will be carefully managed and timed to achieve the best possible result.
- Investors receive a proportionate share of the sale price and any capital growth.
Whitmore Property offers Self Managed Super Funds and sophisticated Investors the opportunity to access larger and better quality assets through a property syndicate. The standard, security and return of the assets accessible through a property syndicate may not be otherwise available to single Investors due to the large amount of capital required. In addition, Investors have the opportunity to spread their risk across a number of assets rather than having all capital in one or two assets.
Whitmore Property undertakes rigorous due diligence on all of the assets selected for acquisition prior to offering the opportunities to our Investor pool. We select properties which present strong and secure returns for an investment period of 10 years. In addition, our team manages all syndicated assets directly so that we can ensure that properties are maintained to an exceptional standard and tenants are retained.
Whitmore Property holds a Wholesale Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL 509574) which enables Wholesale Investors to invest in Managed Investment Schemes we operate.
A Wholesale Investor is an Investor who meets the net assets/ income or the price/value test – Section 761G(7) of the Corporations Act defines this as:
A person or entity that has obtained an accountant’s certificate within the preceding six months stating that the client:
(a) has net assets of at least $2.5 million, or
(b) has a gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least $250,000;
A person or entity that is controlled by a person or entity that meets the requirements of (a) or (b) above;
A person or entity who invests at least $500,000
Distributions are budgeted annually and paid monthly into each investor’s nominated bank account.